- This event has passed.
April 10, 2019 @ 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm UTC-8
About the speaker...
Alan Christianson is a Naturopathic Physician who specializes in natural endocrinology with a focus on thyroid and disorders. Dr. Christianson was a member of the premier class of Southwest College of Naturopathic Medicine (SCNM) graduating in 1996. He has been actively practicing in Scottsdale since 1996 and is the founding physician behind Integrative Health. He is a NY Times bestselling author whose titles include The Metabolism Reset Diet, The Adrenal Reset Diet, and the bestselling Complete Idiot’s Guide to Thyroid Disease. Dr. Christianson is the founding president of the Endocrine Association of Naturopathic Physicians. He frequently appears on national TV shows like Dr. Oz, The Doctors, The Today Show and CNN as well as print media like Shape Magazine, Women’s World, and Natural Health.
Attendees will review the following topics
● Be aware of basic thyroid anatomy and physiology
● Understand the pathophysiology of autoimmune thyroid disease
● Be able to diagnose autoimmune thyroid disease
● Guide the patient on the clinical relevance of autoantibodies
● Be able to manage thyroid antibodies with lifestyle methods
● Be able to help manage antibodies with pharmacologic agents if needed