- This event has passed.
Updates in PCOS
May 7, 2019 @ 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm UTC-8
Introduction to PCOS and Definitions
- Review the pathophysiology of PCOS and research updates on current understanding of the condition. Inflammation and Insulin Resistance Explained.
- Evolution of PCOS in a woman’s lifespan – different phases of life create a different presentation and require different care.
- Laboratory Testing for PCOS including how to correctly assess hormonal dysregulation and insulin resistance.
- Nutrition in PCOS – Regulate Blood Sugar and Increase Insulin Sensitivity
- Updates on supplements, botanical medicine approaches to the integrative treatment of PCOS
- Question and Answer
About the speaker...
Dr. Fiona McCulloch is a Naturopathic Doctor and founder of White Lotus Integrative Medicine in Toronto Canada, an urban wellness clinic serving thousands of women with hormonal conditions since 2001.
Dr. Fiona’s book 8 Steps To Reverse Your PCOS offers her well-researched methods for the natural treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome.
Fiona is also a medical advisor to and developed the nutrition methodology for the OpenSourceHealth PCOS project which analyzes molecular, genetic, metabolic and hormonal markers in women with PCOS. As a woman with PCOS herself, Dr. Fiona feels fortunate to serve as a guide, providing trusted information that empowers women to manage their own health.
Attendees will review the following topics
- Clinicians will learn research updates on PCOS pathophysiology.
- Clinicians will achieve the ability to assess PCOS patients in the clinic through the accurate reading of laboratory testing, clinical signs and symptoms of the disorder. They will gain clarity about how to assess and treat PCOS throughout the differing phases of the condition throughout a woman’s lifespan.
- Clinicians will learn research updates on integrative approaches to PCOS including clinical nutrition, botanical medicine, supplementation.